This is a healthy and heart-warming dish: it is colourful, full of vitamins and savoury. It can be served as a meal or a side dish (delicious with some meat).
- 2 medium-sized onions, cut into thick wedges
- 2 carrots, cut into coins
- 15 medium-sized potatoes, cut into cubes
- 5 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth powder
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the onions, carrots and potatoes into a bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Add the chicken broth powder and ground pepper, and mix.
- Pour half of the butter mixture over the potato mixture and the other half over the broccoli.
- Lay the vegetables into a baking dish and cook them for 25 minutes. Take the vegetables out of the oven and add the broccoli. Cook for another 15 minutes. Total cooking time: 40 minutes.